Friday, March 9, 2012

Killer Cosmetics

Baby steps. Baby steps. That's what I keep telling myself, because this is one issue I'm having a hard time with. I am having a hard time ditching my cosmetics, particularly my make-up and nail polish. I've already done away with commerical soaps, shampoos and shaving creams. I use my homemade soap. I've done away with commerical creams, lotions and moisturizers, too. I use coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil or rose hip oil. But, I'm not there yet when it comes to make-up.

In the 18th century, vanity prevailed as men and women powdered their faced with a lead-based powder to achieve the pale-faced look of the era. We shake our heads at their vanity, but are we really so far behind?

On the tail of my post, "Are Your Cosmetics Keeping You From Losing Weight" I offer more information, including an article on the lead content of popular make-up brands, especially L'Oreal Lipstick!

I'm also linking up to Campaign for Safe Cosmetics which has a searchable database to find out about your favorite cosmetics and how good or bad they really are.

A simple google search can help you find sources for organic cosmetics, including hair dyes, nail polish, and make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment