Tuesday, September 24, 2013
October is just around the bend.....so is cold and flu season. Here are some ideas to keep you healthy during October:
1. Take advantage of Indian Summer days and throw open your windows!
2. Fall clean your house to get rid of dirt, dust, allergens, clutter, summer bug carcasses, cob webs, etc.
3. Get outside and soak up the sun (before having to shut yourself away for a winter).
4. Hey, if it's one of those uniquely warm Indian Summer days, throw on your bathing suit and sun bathe!
5. Start eating homemade chicken soup.
6. Add turmeric to that soup!
7. Start taking immune boosters such as Echinacea, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Turmeric, Probiotics, etc.
8. Exercise, preferably outdoors. Keep that blood flowing.
9. Limit those tempting scented candles. They pollute the air quality of your house and make your immune
system work overtime.
10. Do your research on the flu shot and whether or not you should get one. Personally, I refuse it.
11. Stay hydrated.
12. Take advantage of any citrus in season.
If you do happen to fall ill with a cold or flu, please, PLEASE avoid spreading it as much as you can. Stay home and rest, if you can. If out, take measures to keep your germs to yourself.
Here's to a healthy, happy October!