Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tea Time!

 
This past weekend, hubby and I had the pleasure of taking our first visit to The Whistling Kettle in Ballston Spa.  I highly recommend it.  The food was very good, the service excellent, the atmosphere nice, (the bathroom clean), and the teas......no words.  There are no words.  Hubby chose chamomile and I chose Vanilla Silk Oolong.  Bliss!  (Also recommend the Garden Panini.)
 
While there, I grabbed their 2013 catalog and was intrigued by all the different teas and information within it.  I thought I was fairly up on teas, but apparently, I am quite the novice! 
 
It got me thinking about different ways people nurse, improve, and maintain their health.  Some follow certain diets.  Some are big on exercise.  Some follow alternative practices.  Some swear by Shakeology.  Some use herbs.  And some drink tea. 
 
Teas are very medicinal and the practice of taking time for tea is a great way to relieve stress and unwind.  To pause, rehydrate, refresh and enjoy some fellowship is a great health benefit.  Add to that the benefits of actually drinking tea and you have a healthy double whammy!
 
I encourage you to visit The Whistling Kettle in person or online.  Get their catalog.  They not only describe the teas, but offer the suggested serving size, water temperature, and steeping time for the best of each tea.
 
Share in the comments your favorite tea and why!


No comments:

Post a Comment