Wednesday, July 11, 2012

PPPU Part 7

I joined the BeachBody 60 day fitness challenge under my coach:  http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/sdelsavio

It started this Monday and for the next 60 days, I record my workouts, my 5 servings of fruits and veggies, my water intake, my lack of junk food and alcohol, and my Shakeology intake.  I can't do Shakeology because I'm one of the rare few who have problems with it.  Go figure.  So far, I've been doing great!  Earning all my points every day.  I really REALLY want to.  I want to stay dedicated.

It helps that I started my workouts before the challenge began, so I already had strength and stamina built up.  I've really been listening to my body this time and understanding more of what I need to do to really build lean muscle, burn fat, and stand tall.  Today, I discovered that 6 lbs isn't enough for bicept curls.  I had 6 lbs of weights in my hand and I kept curling and curling, but felt no burn.  I also realized recently that my spine is bent and compressed and my hip flexors out of alignment from the pregnancy.  This causes my belly to look poochy and gives me those "back boob" folds just above my waistline.  Since I started working on my core strength and correcting my posture, my belly isn't as poochy and the "back boobs" have pretty much disappeared.  They usually return late in the day when I'm tired and forget my posture.  I need to straighten my spine more to help get rid of the pooch just under my bust line.  Weird place for pooch, but it's like my abs got all mushed up funny.  I don't know.  But it is a post partum trouble spot.  I never did get rid of it after my 3rd baby's pregnancy.

I wasn't going to order anything from BeachBody since it wasn't necessary, though recommended, but I saw Yoga Booty Ballet and the complimentary price, so I ordered it.  It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm eager to see what it involves.  I haven't pushed myself to the max yet, so it is probably high time that I did.

A mistake I made was joining MyFitnessPal and logging in my calories.  It is only so individualized and only allowed me just over 1300 calories a day.  Well, I'm breast feeding, so I'd make the calorie goal and then allow myself a healthy snack to help cover breast feeding.  Well, even with the extra snack it wasn't enough.  Sure, I'd drop the weight quickly, but I also nearly passed out!  I had to take a nap and when I woke up, still exhausted and not feeling right, I ate a slice of sprouted grain bread with peanut butter and decided that so long as I eat healthfully and not pig out, I'm not going to try to count calories.  I've always been able to handle 2000 calories a day well and lose weight.

Results are showing and that makes me excited.  I'm eager to get rid of this post partum weight and flabby skin, so sometimes it gets frustrating when I sit down and still have that muffin top, or the size 4 jeans still can't quite get over my backside, or my kids giggle while they jiggle my belly or thighs, but it isn't necessarily about how much farther I have to go.  It's about seeing how far I've come already!  I'm healthy, I'm stronger, and it is only going to improve from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment