Monday, January 13, 2014

SCD/GAPS Week Two

Day 7:



Breakfast: Smoothie, herbal tea

Lunch: Venison, roasted carrots, green beans, leftover grain-free pizza, water

Snack: dried apricots, dates, scones, water, apple and gouda

Dinner: french toast scrambled eggs with apple and pecans (2-3 eggs beaten with some water, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon), tangerine, water





Day 8:



Breakfast: fried eggs, tangerine, water

Lunch: cheese, carrots, 2 dried apricots, lentils, cauliflower, water

Snack: grain-free banana nut muffins

Dinner: spinach, mushrooms, asparagus, grain-free meatballs, water




Day 9:




Breakfast: smoothie, muffin
Lunch: carrots, sauerkraut, meatball, muffin
Snack: muffin, yogurt, date, coconut, pecans
Dinner: bacon cheeseburger (no bun), salad with oil and vinegar




Day 10:




Breakfast: scrambled eggs, muffin, banana, water
Lunch: chicken and steamed veg, water with lemon
Snack: dried apricots, muffins, yogurt with dates and coconut, herbal tea, water
Dinner: chicken, mixed veg, navy beans, water




Day 11:




Breakfast: scrambled eggs, muffin,  herbal tea
Lunch: 2 apricots, salad with skipjack tune, 1/2 avocado, carrots, oil and vinegar seasonings, lacto-fermented sauerkraut, water
Snack: 2 dates, apple with gouda, water
Dinner:  sausage and cabbage casserole, pea soup, water




Day 12:




Breakfast: smoothie, water
Lunch: leftover casserole, water
Snack: herbal tea, grain-free cupcake, raisin and nuts, tangerine
Dinner: cauliflower and cheese with mushrooms, squash, water




Day 13:




Breakfast: smoothie
Lunch: dates, apple and cheese, water
Snack: cupcake, water, tangerines
Dinner: chicken, broccoli, mushroom olives and muenster cheese grain-free pizza, water




**This week was rougher for me.  I had dizzy spells starting on Monday.  Nothing severe, but I wondered what was causing it.  My (uneducated) guess is perhaps candida die-off.  I also learned that nettles are not allowed on the SCD diet and I often add nettles to my herbal tea.  In addition, I ate sweet corn in the mixed veg. 

For the coming week, I decided to try to eat fewer carb substitutes, lower my cheese intake and increase my broth intake.  I am not a fan of broth at all, so this'll be a challenge.


I am also adding some candida-killer ingredients to my foods, such as grapefruit seed extract, garlic and cinnamon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment